Choose a date
Wine Tasting Bike Tour
Discover the most beautiful section of the Danube Valley on this full day excursion of biking and wine tasting in Austria’s most beautiful valley, voted the Best Historic Destination in the World in 2008. Imagvine a glorious day of sipping, swirling, and casual cycling through the country’s most famous winemaking regions.
World-famous for its quality white wines, stunning villages and breathtaking scenery, the Wachau Valley is the perfect place to enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Arrive by train and then hop on your bike (rental included) to explore with your expert guide. Breathe in the fresh country air as you cycle by historic towns villages, charming villages, and spectacular scenery.
Stopping at local wineries, you’ll sample dry and fruity whites as well as other delicacies, like the valley’s famed apricot jams and liqueurs. During free time, explore the medieval town of Dürnstein, a well-known Wachau highlight, overlooked by a castle where Richard the Lionheart was once held prisoner. Or perhaps you’d rather swim in the Danube or play a little beach volleyball. Then enjoy lunch in a Heuriger, a traditional family-run Austrian wine tavern. When your time in the valley is up, take a relaxing train ride back to Vienna.
Highlights of a tour:
- Enjoy a cycling daytrip through the Wachau Valley-approx. 25 kilometers of cycling
- Try our new, comfortable, and easy-to-ride beach cruisers
- Small-groups ensuring a fun and personal experience
- Visit local wineries and enjoy lunch in a typical Wachau wine tavern
- Taste locally-made chocolate, liqueur and jams
- Explore the UNESCO town of Dürnstein or hike up to the castle ruins where King Richard the Lionhearted was once imprisoned
- Master the techniques of wine tasting in a laid-back environment
- Swim in the River Danube, or play a game of beach volleyball
- Learn about the region’s fascinating history and culture from your friendly, expert guide
9.00 am Franz-Josefs-Kai 45, 1010 Wien
*Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start*
Things to bring
- Printed voucher
- Camera (don’t forget to charge your battery)
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather.
- Good walking shoes for dirt roads and uneven paths
- Casual and comfortable dress for a relaxed day of cycling
- Transport to and from Vienna
- Full-day accompaniment by expert guide
- Tastings at all wineries
- Chocolate, jam and other local delicacies tasting
- Bike rental, helmets and rain ponchos
- Lunch at local restaurant
- Gratuities for your guide
Cancellations more then a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
If booking after 4pm for the next day, please call to check availability
Prices, times and itineraries are subject to change without prior notice.
To book this tour please click on the calendar on the right.
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the start.
Tour operates in all weather conditions (rain ponchos provided).
Child seats, kids tandems and child trailers also available on request.
Minimum numbers apply : there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or