Choose a date
Price from € 119 per person
Mauthausen Concentration Camp Memorial Day-Trip from Vienna
Mauthausen concentration camp in Upper Austria was one of the largest labour camp complexes in the Third Reich. Between 1938 and 1945 about 200,000 people from all over Europe were imprisoned in Mauthausen. About half of them lost their lives. Today, Mauthausen Memorial stands as a reminder of the darkest days of Austria’s history.
Become acquainted with the history of Mauthausen Memorial during the 2,5-hour ride from Vienna. Listen to your guide explaining the historical context and learn about life at Mauthausen concentration camp before its liberation in May 1945. Upon arrival at the Memorial explore the preserved historic premises at your own pace with audio-guides (available in 11 major languages). See the Wiener-Graben quarry, the Stairs of Death, the SS-Quarters, the Camp Prison, the Gas Chamber and visit the newly re-opened Mauthausen Museum.
Heading back to Vienna stop at a local restaurant for lunch (own expense). Your tour concludes at the Vienna State Opera House.
CO2 certificates to offset the tour's carbon emissions are included in the tour price.
Honor the victims by learning about this crucial period in history. We donate a percentage of the tour’s profit to the Memorial.
Tour start: 8:30am - Taxi fee to the tour meeting point is included
Duration: 8,5 hours
Guaranteed departure with a minimum of only 2 people.
Transfer to the central tour meeting point by taxi
08:30am Tour start: Travel across Lower Austria to Mauthausen
10:45am Stopover at Mauthausen Memorial - appx. 3 hours
Self-guided Visit with audio-guides (available in English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Polish, Russian and Spanish).
01:45pm possibility for lunch at a local restaurant (own expense)
02:45pm Return trip to Vienna
ca. 5:00pm Tour concludes at the Vienna Opera House
Albertinaplatz in front of the Tourist Info in 1010 Vienna
Things to bring
- Guided Tour to Mauthausen Memorial from Vienna
- Roundtrip Transportation to and from Vienna
- Free admission to Mauthausen Memorial
- Self-guided tour of the camp with audio-guides
- Accompaniment by friendly english-speaking tour escort
- Taxi transfer to the tour meeting point - up to EUR 12 per person
- CO2 certificates offsetting the tour's carbon emissions
- Guaranteed departure with a minimum of 2 people
- Hotel pick up & drop-off
- Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
- Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date: 100% of the total amount
- No show: no restitution