Choose a date
Price from € 30 per person
Polaroid Photo Tour Vienna Classic Winter Special - Walking Tour
Winter Special – Explore historic Vienna’s city center with a vintage Polaroid camera. Get creative and take home special Polaroid memories of the city’s most famous sights.
The traditional Vienna Christmas markets, the emperor’s winter palace, a pink bunny, coffee houses with tuxedo wearing waiters, horse carriages with grumpy drivers are just a few things that might surprise you about Austria’s capital.
Instant photography involves a chemical process. Especially in winter the weather conditions have an impact on the pictures (cold, light conditions,…). We will give you our best advice on how to take the best possible pictures. Sometimes we will use black-and-white instead of color film. But after all we think, that the uniqueness and unexpected outcome is part of the experience and that’s exactly what makes Polaroid pictures special and a one of a kind souvenir.
You will learn how to use the vintage Polaroid camera at the start of the tour. Then you will start exploring Vienna’s city center in a small group. With the help of your guide you will be creating eight unique Polaroid souvenirs.
On the route you’ll not only see Vienna’s most famous sights but also a few things that might surprise you.
After the tour you’ll be taking home Polaroids from your trip as a one of a kind souvenir. Unlike digital photos they are a piece of memory that you can physically show your friends and family and which will decorate your office desk, living room or fridge.
Walk down memory lane: Your Polaroids will always take you back on a journey to the fantastic experience you had.
Your tour ends at the Karlskirche, right in the city center. There, we will review your pictures, answer your questions about what to do in Vienna, recommend places to eat and give tips on what to see and where to go.
Things to bring
- comfy shoes
- Vintage Polaroid 600 Camera for the duration of the trip
- 1 Pack of Polaroid Originals instant film worth 19 EUR
- Exclusive sightseeing booklet on Vienna
- Introduction to instant photography
- English speaking personal photo guide. Your guide is a Viennese local who is happy to answer questions you have about Vienna, recommend places to eat, give tips on what to see and where to go and much more. But please be aware of the fact that your guide is not a professional tourist guide. Therefore we do not provide oral historical information and context.
- The No-Camera Ticket does not include a rental camera nor the instant film.
- Gratuities (optional)
Cancellations more than a week in advance only administration costs of 15%
Cancellation between a week and 48 hours prior to departure date: 50% of the total amount
Cancellation less than 48 hours prior to departure date : 100% of the total amount
No show: no restitution
No minimum group size. Average maximum group size is eight.
The tour is operated in English. However all tour guides speak German as well.
Duration : About 150 minutes including the introduction to the Polaroid camera and the instant film.